A happy holidays wish from Jeanee here at Dirty Laundry! Oh my… Christmas is right around the corner! If you’re a late shopper like me you’re finding gift guides quite useful for last minute gifts.
I’ve put together an eco chic holiday gift guide for the perfect gift for the eco-friendly gal on your list.
1. Scotch Naturals™ WaterColors : A water-based, non-toxic polish that is free of the harsh chemicals found in most solvent-based polishes. Designed to nourish and strengthen nails with repeated use, it is non-yellowing, and requires no base or top coat: in Kiltlifter and Hot Toddy, $14.99 each
2. Orglamix Pure Organic Mineral Eye Colors : Six magivally lovely shades designed to take your looks from fun and flirty to all out sex kitten to create endless everyday beauty looks: Love Potion Must-Have Collection, $24.95 set
3. The Body Shop Spa Wisdom Polynesia : Made with Community Trade organic oils. An extremely effective, non-greasy moisturizer that helps to repair and restore skin’s moisture barrier.
4. LUSH fair trade foot lotion : It’s a restorative cream for feet with Fair Trade cocoa butter. It’s pink and perky; a mighty jolt of mint for your feet, which also helps to ease the abuse they get when trapped in shoes all day : Revitalizing Minty Foot Cream, $21.95
5. Pottery Barn : Monogrammed Square Paperwhite Soap Set $29.00 set of 4 – add a little charm to the paperwhite-scented, triple-milled soaps with a single initial or a three-letter monogram. Made of 100% vegetable-based ingredients.
6. Burt’s Bees : This refreshing spa kit contains relaxation essentials from Burt’s Bees to wash away the day’s stresses and pamper the body from head to toe: Bath & Body Invigoration, $29.95 gift set
Happy shopping and a happy new year!
Snow White by Angélica Vis
Claire Schilhabel, 27, from Madison, Wisconsin, is a vintage clothier and shop girl at a few local boutiques, as well as a barista extraordinaire! She blogs over at: www.mamushkamarie.blogspot.com
Where did the name of your blog come from?
Mamushka was actually a nickname my boyfriend gave me when we first started dating, he is always coming up with silly names to call me… I then added my middle name Marie and it stuck!
How would you describe your blog?
Who are your style icons?
Nowadays it’s Elsa Billgren. I also greatly admire Joanna Newsom. I like to cull aesthetics from an always changing, wide variety of sources and eras.
How would you describe your style?
Wide eyed, feminine and multifarious… on a budget!
What inspires you?
I’m inspired by anything and everything visual. Film especially, old children’s books and early 20th century fashion advertisements, cute French girls, photography, art and architecture.
What’s your favorite item in your wardrobe?
I will always love and never part with my mother’s dresses from the 70s.
What are your fashion plans for this winter?
Since the winters in Wisconsin are bitterly cold, my winter fashion plans are all about layering and practicality. Definitely a faux fur muff and warm woollen tights and/or socks, cardigans… a plaid dress, headscarves galore to keep the snow off my head and to keep my ears warm, tall rubber boots, a mustard yellow cape or trench, and an “ascot” cowl.
1. Saucy Saffron Coat $64.99 modcloth.com 2. Leopard Muff Handbag $85.00 kareygreen.etsy.com 3. Tokyo Rain Boots $60.00 plueys.com 4. Cruelty-free Merino Wool Cardigans £59.00 each Skin and Threads @ fashion-conscience.com 5. Recycled Scarves £45.00 each tamasyngambell.com 6. Contrast Socks $19.00 lisab.com
Local Shopping Secrets:
A really adorable new shop in town is called Zip-Dang – it’s a mix of handmade and vintage and has everything from clothing to decor – not to mention the best vintage eye-wear ever! Also the Good Style shop is amazing for fashion forward yet wearable vintage, they also have a fantastic vinyl/cassette selection too.
Online Shopping Secrets:
Follow Claire at: www.mamushkamarie.blogspot.com
Look inside the book and order from the NEET Blurb Bookstore
Exciting news! N.E.E.T. The Book is available for purchase now through Blurb!
70 pages | Printed on FSC Certified premium paper | Available in both softcover and hardcover
N.E.E.T. Magazine, an eco-friendly, grassroots style bible for the digital age, began in December 2005 as a quarterly, online publication.
N.E.E.T. is the first of its kind – online, free, and packed with everyone from a crafter creating from their kitchen table, to a fashion design graduate straight out of college, to a team of people doing it for the love of it. Independent, handmade, DIY, eco-friendly and vintage – N.E.E.T. is about fashion and design for everyone.
Five years on, and we’re celebrating with the first ever printed N.E.E.T. book. With the theme of ‘FIVE’, the book features five sections with five inspiring N.E.E.T. people, designers, bloggers, photographers and homes, with interviews by five writers, in a N.E.E.T. retrospective.
With 5 covers by 5 illustrators:
Inside… 5 sections with 5 interviews of 5 questions:
by 5 N.E.E.T. Writers:
+ a 5 step tutorial by N.E.E.T.’s D.I.Y. Blogger: Katy Jones
Free Flat Rate shipping from now until December 10:
USD $ coupon: FESTIVE
GBP £ coupon: FESTIVE1
EUR € coupon: FESTIVE2
CAD $ coupon: FESTIVE3
Check it out: www.neetmagazine.com